Date(s) - 08/07/2015 - 10/07/2015
QUT Gardens Point
Offizielle Webseite der Veranstaltung
The Crime, Justice and Social Democracy International Conference is a biennial conference hosted by the Crime and Justice Research Centre, QUT. The conference brings distinguished international speakers together from UK, US, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Europe, New Zealand and Australia. It rotates every alternate year to the Critical Criminology conference convened in Australia.
The aim of this conference is to reinvigorate the intellectual and policy debates about the link between social justice, social democracy and the reduction of harm, crime and victimization through the alleviation of inequalities and building of more socially just and inclusive societies.
The conference is organised around a number of interconnected themes:
- Penal Policy and Punishment in the Global Era
- Policing, Security and Democratic Freedoms
- Sex, Gender and Justice
- Eco-Justice, Corporate Crime and Corruption
- Crime, Courts & Justice Institutions
- Counter Colonial Criminologies & Indigenous Perspectives