Vom 20. bis 22. Mai 2015 findet die Jahreskonferenz der International Society of the Study of Drug Policy (ISSDP) an der Universität Ghent in Belgien statt. Die Veranstalter haben auf der Konferenzseite letzte Woche den Call for Papers veröffentlicht.
The International Society of the Study of Drug Policy welcomes submissions of scholarly papers for its 9th Annual Conference to be held in Ghent (Belgium), from Wednesday 20th to Friday 22nd May , 2015. The event will be hosted by the Institute for Social Drug research (ISD) which is part of the Department of Criminology, Criminal Law and Social Law of the Faculty of Law, University of Ghent.
The ISSDP invites contributions in all aspects related to the monitoring, analysis and evaluation of international and nation al drug policies and methodological and theoretical developments in drug policy analysis. Other areas of particular interest this year include the following:
- Qualitative research methods, drug markets and drug policies
- Historical lessons for the future
- The Dutch coffeeshop-model: recent developments and discussions.
- Drug trends, drug markets and policy responses in Africa, the Middle East, Asia.
- Reviewing the international drug control system.
- Drug problems and drug policies in major cities
- The insider’s perspectives: dealers, traffickers and users on drug policy
- Drugs and human rights
Submissions must be original and not published elsewhere. All presenters at the ISSDP conference are expected to submit a full paper in advance (by 15th April). The deadline for abstract submission is 15 January 2015. Please find more details about the call for papers in the attachment or at: http://www.issdp2015.ugent.be/call-for-papers/
Confirmed key notes speakers are:
- Prof. Dr. Virginia Berridge (Professor of History and Director of the Centre for History in Public Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University of London)
- Dr. Reychad Abdool (Medical practitioner and demand reduction expert and Senior Drug Abuse and HIV/AIDS Adviser from the United Nations Office on, Drugs and Crime (UNODC))
- Prof. Dr. David Moore (Professor at the National Drug Research Institute at Curtin University, Australia)
- Dr. Jallal Toufiq (Director of the Ar-razi University Psychiatric Hospital and Head of the National Center for Drug Abuse Prevention and Research, Morocco)
- Dr. Frank Masao (Head of Methadone Clinic – Tanzania AIDS Prevention Program (TAPP) and Head of the Psychiatry Department and methadone clinic, Muhimbili National Hospital)
On Friday 22 May 2015 three workshops will organized in the afternoon (after the conference), at the conference venue. These workshops are only open to registered participants to the ISSDP conference:
- Workshop 1: The Dutch Cannabis Model: Recent Developments and Future Challenges
- Workshop 2: Challenges and Opportunities for Cross-Jurisdiction Drug Policy Analysis.
- Workshop 3: Public Scholarship? Key Issues and Challenges of Research Use in Drugs Policy Making.
We would be pleased if you could distribute this call for papers among your professional contacts and networks.
For any further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to seeing you in Ghent.
With best wishes,
Prof. Dr. Tom Decorte