Vom 6. bis 8. Mai 2015 findet an der Justus Liebig University Giessen die internationale Konferenz „Law’s pluralities | cultures : narratives : images : genders“ statt. Die Veranstalter bitten um Zusendung von Tagungsbeiträgen bis zum 30. November 2014.
Papers from a variety of disciplinary perspectives are invited to address the plurality of law and to reflect on law’s narrative qualities, its relationship to the visual and the medial, and on the interface of law with sexuality and gender. The conference will include sessions in German and English on Law’s Pluralities, Law’s Narratives, Law’s Images, and Law’s Sexualities/Genders. Contributions are invited which aim to elucidate the theoretical issues described above or which address specific socio-legal issues. Questions to be raised by conference papers might include the following:
- How does the increasing plurality of legal cultures interact with other normative frameworks such as those offered by religion and moral values?
- What new narratives of the legal are developing due to the increased hybridity of EU law and the greater heterogeneity of national populations?
- How are new understandings of the law transported in popular media forms, through visual texts, and materially? Particular case studies that point to larger theoretical issues are also invited.
- How are subjects framed by and through their legal frameworks, including their knowledge of legal norms; and how is this process facilitated by popular culture?
- How are normative expectations of gender and sexuality changing, and how are these changes reflected in – or absent from – legal discourse and legislation?
- How do such changes affect discourse, legal and otherwise, concerning kinship and family?
Kurzdarstellungen von Tagungsbeiträgen (300 Wörter in Deutsch oder Englisch) werden bis zum 30. November 2014 erbeten; sowohl die Kurzdarstellungen der Beiträge als auch weitere Nachfragen zur Tagung können an folgende E-Mail-Adresse gerichtet werden: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals (300 words in German or English) for papers are invited until 30 November 2014; proposals as well as all inquiries regarding the conference should be directed to: email@example.com
Die vollständige Tagungsanku?ndigung und Aufruf zu Tagungsbeiträgen kann hier abgerufen werden.